It’s never too late to feel great about yourself!
Seniors frequently ask me if they are too old for plastic surgery. I ask them about their overall health and many of them are quite healthy. As we age we tend to get high blood pressure, high cholesterol, some GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), i.e. heartburn, a bit of diabetes, and some symptoms of low T (testosterone) or low E (estrogen). None of these are serious illnesses and can easily be treated with medications. Therefore, most people over 65 are healthy. I always say, I’d rather operate on a healthy 70-year-old than a 35-year-old with health complications or unhealthy habits like smoking.
So, my next question gets to the heart and soul of the matter – how old do you feel inside? If they feel young but look old, there is disharmony. This can cause loss of self-esteem and self-confidence.
Unfortunately, many signs of aging are associated with negative connotations. Saggy upper eyelids make a person look like a heavy drinker. Deep wrinkles between the eyebrows show anger. Wrinkles across the forehead stand for worry and stress. Down turned corners of the mouth look sad. Loose jowls and turkey necks look like an unmade bed.
Plastic Surgery for Successful Aging in San Diego
The procedures I use to correct these signs of aging are safe, effective, long-lasting, and affordable. If you fear anesthesia, relax. Honestly, I’ve never had an anesthesia complication in 35 years. They hit a “home run” 90% of the time. The other 10% hit a homerun after a “touch up” procedure that I do for free.
WIth people in the workforce way past 65 ( I’m a full time plastic surgeon at 69 ½ !) It is important to look sharp — we are competing with Gen X, Millenials, and Gen Y. All the more reason to put your outer body in synchrony with your inner mind / souls. With so many people living into their 90s and onwards, a 69-year-old (like me!) will get satisfaction from their fresh appearance for many years. How about the money? No down payment and monthly financing available. As they say, “You can’t take it with you!”
So look at seniors on TV, magazines, newspapers, you name it. I think you’ll agree. Most have the look of successful aging, why not you?
The H-art of Plastic Surgery offers many surgical and non-surgical aging solutions. Call us today at (760)741-5466 for a free consultation.
From my H-art,
Yale M Kadesky, MD